Thursday, September 21, 2006

Play time

Decided to have a bit play with some of the sounds in Absynth. I can't make up my mind with Absynth. It can produce some interesting sounds but getting a more traditional synth noise out of it is not really it's forte.

Some doodling later and I have a track that may or may not go someplace. I will just have to work on it.

Absynth 4 is about to be released. The update/upgrade doesnt seem too costly so I will probably go for it. Live 6 first however.

Meanwhile Native Instruments are about to release Massive which looks more like the kind of thing I would like. Of course what I really want is the Virus TI but that will have to wait a wee while. Next year I hope. Early next year. The Virus is quite simply awesome. It delivers on several 'needs': a nicely sized keyboard (61 keys) and provides a immensely powerful voice & fx generator. It is a must have. Did I mention it can do all its audio over USB? That it plugs into your DAW via VST?

Knowing my luck they will discontinue it just before I can buy it.

No comments: